Our Hostels Value Character and Integrity
To develop the SCSVMV Hostels as centers of excellence in comfortable stay and study by making the quality the defining element of hostel life through a combination of character, competency, commitment, self-study, leadership, and team activity.
- To inculcate discipline among the hostellers
- To make stay and study go hand in hand
- To produce competent, committed and performing and integrated personnel.
- To keep hostels neat and clean
- To impart life skills
- To prepare for employment and higher studies
- To give more importance to social dimension
- To create the environment for ‘ learning to live together’
- To encourage self discipline, self-governance
- To create an environment for all-round development of personality of the students.
- To undertake quality-related activities in the hostels..
- To provide good services to all the hostellers.
VALUE FRAME WORK
- Building up a sound and strong character
- Developing positive attitude.
- Fostering the feeling of oneness, belongingness, commonness, brotherlihoodness
- Inculcating the value system among the hostellers
- Promoting the feeling of protecting the property of the hostels
- Encouraging healthy competency among the student teachers
- Contributing the institutional/regional/national and international development.
- To produce committed, employable, descent and value – oriented prospective man power of the country.
- To impart all necessary life skills.
- To give top priority to social dimension so that each hosteller comes out of SCSVMV Hostels should discharge his/her duties as a responsible citizen of the country.
Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Viswa Mahavidyalaya (called as scsvmv), popularly called as Kanchi University, was established in commemoration of the centenary year celebrations of His Holiness, Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Mahaswamigal in the year 1993.
Their Holiness Pujyasri Jayendra Saraswathi Swamigal and Pujyasri Sankara Vijayendra Saraswathi Swamigal took the responsibility of fulfilling the desire of Pujyasri Paramacharya to bring the pristine glory of Kanchipuram as the seat of learning.
A step towards this, a higher seat of learning Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Viswa Maha Vidyalaya was established as Deemed University under the section 3 of U.G.C Act, 1956 under aegis of Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham Charitable Trust. It is located in a sprawling campus at Enathur at a distance of about four kilometers from Kanchipuram.
The main aim of this university is to provide quality education coupled with value-based orientation with comparably very low fee structure accessible to poor and middle class people of the Society. It has established various colleges viz., Engineering, Medicine, Arts and Science, Management and also eight centers offering various courses in various places in the State of Tamil Nadu.